Policy, Strategy & Licensing
Overarching planning for entire national waste management policies and strategies.
Direct input to national waste management programmes through acting as Chairperson or Member in Advisory Committees to Waste management Organisations or Regulatory Bodies.
Provision of specific analyses and advice on key back-end aspects on a national waste management programmes, including:
- Requirements for storage systems
- Assessments of the pros and cons of reprocessing policies
- Range of repository disposal concepts to be considered
- Costs of decommissioning and waste management
- coordinating groupings of national waste management organisations assessing the benefits and challenges of engaging in regional, multinational cooperation